Saturday, July 11, 2009

A fun filled week with the VonGreys

This last week was alot of fun. On Thursday night we went to a baseball game. The local team the Pirates were playing. It was Bark in the Park night sponsered by Pioneer Vet(our vet). You could bring your dogs with you to the game. Sunny had a ball! Poor thing he doesn't get to go out very often with us. There is usually no dogs allowed or it is too hot to stay in the car at all. He was not too sure of the feel of the bleachers under his toes though. When we got our ticket they gave each dog a baseball with a number on it for door prizes. Sunny won the first prize. Much to his delight it was a rawhide twisty bone. He didn't hold onto it for very long though when he realized we had hotdogs and french fries. As soon as we got home that night he went right for it though. After a little bit we ran into my cousin and went to sit on the grass with her where most of the other dogs were. Sunny was so excited to socialize. Nick loves the baseball games. We went several times last year and I am sure we will this year too.


Doggy flare!


Then on Friday night we headed down to Tsunami Sushi. The manager Kiyoji used to own his own restaurant a few years ago. Now he runs this place. As usuall dinner was awesome. Kiyoji is a master in the kitchen. Thanks to him I am hooked on sushi! We met up with Mom, Joe, and my friend Shaina. The place was packed. It was their 2 year anniversary celebration. They closed off the street on that block and had a show from 8-midnight. We brought our lawn chairs and set up in the street. There was an Elvis impersonator and a band from Seattle. It was great fun. I was so impressed too because we made it all the way until midnight. That is saying something for us. By 9:00pm we are usually toast.

I have to say too I am really proud of myself. This is the first time I tried taking photos in the manual settings of the camera. No flash used at all, just the light from the street lights. Although I learned something over the weekend that would have made then less yellow. But still pretty good for the first real try I think.



Joe(Step-dad) and Kiyoji



Steve-Elvis-Sogura

He was really good. Check out the short video below.

The band from Seattle

Elivs






Nick's Dancing


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online