This last weekend was the 2nd Annual Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk. On July 18th 30,000 people worldwide participated in a photowalk and there is now a contest for the best photo and 10 honorable mentions(the prizes are AWESOME) I was a team leader in Ephrata. It was good but I think next year I will go to one where I am not the leader. That way I have a chance to take more photos and then I am also eligible for the contest. That weekend was also the Basin Summer Sounds Concert in Ephrata. This year had some great artists but best of all was the free concert from Smashmouth. If you don't know who they are you probably recognize some of their songs like "Allstar" and "Walking on the Sun". It was a great concert. We stayed up late and got there early enough to get a spot up close. I got some awesome photos from there. I think it was way better than the ones I took during the photowalk. Poor Nick was starting to come down with something though. During the last song he just curled up and was ready for bed. The next morning was very unusual for him. He was so mellow. I expected a fever with that kind of calmness, but no. Sunday afternoon we also got a quick visit from Rolly and Kristy. They had been in North Dakota working in unassigned territory with a group of friends from Seattle. They had to stop for a bite to eat on their way back home. It was great to see them if only for 20 minutes or so. I hope we can go visit them in September for the 10th anniversary party. This September is the 10th anniversary for them and for Pam and Andy. Time sure goes fast. Anyways it was a pretty cool weekend. Enjoy the photos and a little bit of concert video
Shaina took this picture of me on the photowalk

At the Smashmouth Concert

No comments:
Post a Comment