Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Things have been crazy and interesting lately. On the 12th we made a trip to Seattle. I had a photography/photoshop seminar to attend so we figured we'd make the whole weekend a fun trip and see the sights. Erich took Nick to the Woodland Park Zoo while I was in the seminar. I think they had alot of fun but Erich was sure tired after. On Saturday we went to the Pacific Science Center and the Space Needle. Nick had a few meltdowns on the Space Needle(I think he was a little sleep deprived), but he really liked it. On Sunday we went to Pike's Place Market and took one of the Argosy boat tours. We did the City Pass thing.

A deal for anyone who wants to see all the famous Seattle sights. I took some cool pictures and we learned alot about Seattle I never knew before. We had lunch on Sunday at Ivars. We sat outside and Nick got to feed the seagulls. He had a blast! He is in the phase where he has bird friends. He has names for them and imagines all these stories about what they say to him and fun things they do. His best bird friend is named Hulk. They other day he told me Hulk is now married and his wife's name is Lovely. How cute is that!





Space Needle






My reflection in the glass of the Space Needle









View from the top










Nick rockin' it with some musicians at Pike's Place














Photobooth at the Pacific Science Center









Feeding the seagulls at Ivars





Waiting for their dinner




Argosy Boat Tour





Very cool things for me on the photography front. I am a Photowalk Leader in the Scott Kelby 2nd Annual Worldwide Photowalk. Scott Kelby is the founder of the company who put on the seminar I went to. I found out about the photowalk a couple days before the seminar. I applied to be a leader for a walk in Ephrata and they approved me. What happens is on July 18th worldwide groups of photographers of all levels get together for a 2 hr walk. They take photos and learn from each other. Then you can submit your photos to the contest. The prizes are sooo awesome too! If anyone wants to join just go to worlwidephotowalk.com. Already there are about 17,000 people participating.

Also I will get some photography experience this weekend. My friend Angie has a website liberatingstyle.com. She sells accesories and soon plus size clothing. She used to have a store downtown and her clothes were so cute. We will be doing a photoshoot at a coffee shop in Soap Lake on Friday with people wearing the new accesories. It's good practice for me and helps her out. I am also helping her with a project called "Clique Mixers". She gets different vendors like herself and they pay $20 for a booth. She sets it up at a local restaurant or such. Then women can come shop and network. It is set up on a night that is slower for the restaurant. This way they get a boost in business for drinks and apps while the vendors get exposure. The lady who started this has them going in several cities. My job will be to take pictures during the event. They are then uploaded to the website so others can see how it went. It sounds like fun!


Also on the photo front I have to say I am addicted to flickr! I love sharing my photos and getting feedback from others who share the same love of photography I do. It is also great to see others work and be inspired to try new things, look at things from a different angle, or just have fun. Two new groups I have joined are just fun. You can get good practice but it is also a little silly so I love it. The first group is Bench Mondays. The rules are take the pic on a Monday, upload on a Monday, be on a bench(or improvise if no "bench"), and make it pretty. A chicken in the picture is bonus points. I have been trying to add to the group for a few weeks but something has come up every Monday. This week I did my first one. So fun! The other group is Face Down Tuesday. Similar rules- on a Tuesday,upload Tuesday you must be face down in an unusual place. Hilarious! I did my first one yesterday and have ideas already for next week. Nick is even getting in on the fun. I think Erich thinks I'm crazy but he goes along with it.



Bench Monday





Face Down Tuesday










(P.S. I did this post about 2 weeks ago and forgot to post it til today. Oops! I'm still trying to get in the habit of blogging regularly. Please bear with me.)

1 comment:

  1. The picture of the seagulls on the fence is amazing! I may have to use that in a painting!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online