Monday, June 8, 2009

Relay and Graduation


WooHoo! Less than a week and a second post. I may be on a roll here. I think it will work this time. Here are some of the pictures from the Relay for Life Walk. It was really a good to do that with Rebekah. She got her survivor shirt.


Usually they get a medal too but the lady who had them was either the one who got heat stroke or the one who got injured at setup so they have to mail them out. It was soooo hot that weekend. They bought and passed out water to everyone the whole time. It finally cooled down a little in the evening. We camped out all night and by the time we woke up a little before 7 am it was getting unbearably hot in that tent.



Nick was given the job of trying to sell lollipops. He is such a flirt anyway, we figured we would put it to good use raising more money for the Relay. Becky made the iron-on for his T-shirt. He made about $10. It might have been more but he kept giving them free to pretty girls and telling them it was a secret.




Parade of Teams lap

Nick was having a great time helping to hold the banner but he had to move to the edge. He started out in the middle but just couldn't see over the top.






Thank goodness for the Taco Truck. It was so hot plus there was a stressful situation going on with Jessica so I couldn't eat when everyone else was. At about 10:30 pm I was starving! Taco Truck to the rescue. Never has a taco tasted so good. Nick said he was hungry but didn't want to eat anything but rice. Not much of a fill up.



The theme of the Relay was "There's No Place Like Hope". For this reason everything was Wizard of Oz decorations. One place had the character cardboard people you could pose with. So we did.





They were also asking for volunteers for the Cancer Prevention Study. They track you for a few years. You fill out a survey and let them draw your blood. They are trying to pinpoint what role genetics, environment, and personal health have in people with cancer. We figured why not help plus it might be good since Dad and Rebekah both have had cancer. Nick thought it was quite interesting watching our blood get drawn. Nick took the picture of my arm.






Here are also a few pictures of Nick's graduation. He was so excited but now he can't wait to start kindergarten. I just got him all registered. I'm sure the summer will go fast it is already starting to fill up with plans and visits.



Doing the Tooty Tot. I just mention the name and this is the face I get. I love it!


Mohawk! Nick loves this hair-do. Just don't tell him it's really a faux-hawk. I fear he will want the real thing.





Graduated!





Well, things have calmed down a little now. I wasn't sure if I would survive the last 2 1/2 weeks of May. Not entirely unscathed but I'm alive.

I am so excited for this weekend. We are going to Seattle Thursday night. I am taking a Photography/Photoshop class on Friday. Nick and Erich will go to the Flight Museum and stuff while I take the class. On Saturday we are all going to the Pacific Science Center and Space Needle. We have never taken Nick there before and he is now at a place where he will really enjoy and remember it . It will be fun, kind of a mini vacation. I hope I learn alot and there will be great photo oportunities to put what I learn into practice.

Squeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online