Monday, June 1, 2009

Here we go!


Ok so here we go on my second attempt at a blog. The first did not go so well. I am making this one a family blog to keep everyone updated on us. I will also display some of my photography and scrapbook creations. This should be especially fun since I am taking some classes this summer. I want to thank Shaina for her lovely job of designing the look of my blog. It turned out great! Check out her blog at http://www.accidentaldiscoveries.blogspot.com/. She is one talented lady!

So this last week or so has been jammed packed with activites and news. My sister Rebekah is up to visit for a total of 2 1/2 weeks. I am so glad to see her. She has been going thru treatment for brain cancer and she came to walk in the Relay for Life with me. We started out her visit with a trip to Ritzville. We walked down memory lane and met up with some old school friends for a couple drinks. It was also Rebekah's 10 year reunion. We had alot of fun and took some pictures around town.


Rebekah & Marta



Marta and Steph






The Girls

(left to right, Marta, Steph, Summer, and Marci)





On Sunday Becky and I took Nick to the Spring Fest for a little while. It was hot but fun. We went on a few rides. Nick did not really care for the Gravitron. He was OK until the things started sliding up and down. Then he started crying. Time to get off. We tried a few of the games and Nick won a few prizes. He was really good at popping the balloons with the darts. Becky and I got henna tattoos. That was fun. They are suppossed to last 3 weeks if you take care of them(I didn't) Mine is now all but gone. I think Becky's is still mostly there.


Rebekah's henna tattoo











We also took some sister pictures last Monday. Jessica has been in town lately so she also joined in the photos. They turned out great. Thanks again to Shaina.



Rebekah & Marta



Sisters





I love feet photos!




Then it was on to the Relay for Life Friday night. It was great to give back to them. I have walked in the Relay before but this time is extra special because of Rebekah. They have helped her out in various ways. We camped out there all night. Nick stayed with us too. It was alot of fun but hard to get much sleep since it was noisy with things going all thru the night. I will post some pictures from the Relay later this week.


The next morning we were up early to get ready for Nick's preschool graduation(plus it was getting unbearably hot in that tent). The graduation went well. Nick was super excited and he loved doing the "Tooty Tot" song and dance. It was so funny. He starts grinning and giggling just at the name of it. Now he's ready to start Kindergarten. Time sure flies. Afterwards we went to lunch at Perkins. Nick and Auntie Becky worked together and won a stuffed bear out of the toy machine(only spent $2). We all crashed and took a nap when we got home. They rest of this week has been full of work and trying to visit with Becky as much as we can(we do have to share her a little). This weekend will be Mom & Joe's anniversary BBQ party. I will post photos afterward.
I guess that is a pretty good update for now things have been so busy it is hard to cram it all in one post. It took me since Monday to finish this as is. I hope I didn't forget anything good. You can also find me on Facebook for any who may be on there or want to be. I have lots more photos on there and on my flickr account.(I am so addicted to flickr! Thanks Shaina:) She keeps me technologicly current.) See you around and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online